Friday 21 April 2017

Latest Association for the Advancement of Philosophy and Psychiatry bulletin

The latest edition of the Association for Advancement of Philosophy and Psychiatry newsletter from its secretary/editor and president James Phillips and Peter Zachar is now out.

It is a 56 page summary by the author, and set of commentaries from leading philosophers of psychiatry, on Peter's recent A Metaphysics of Psychopathology from MIT Press.

My own contribution (previously posted here) is included and Peter's response to it is one of his many responses. I will be keen to find out how he responded to my worry that in his attempt to police a boundary between what lay within and without experience, he said too much (by his own standards) about what lay outside it (again, on his own account). Curious also to find myself in the same camp as my colleague and friend Rachel Cooper.